Baton Rouge Flood Preparation
Floods are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. FEMA reports, in the last 8 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods. As most of us have recently experienced, nearly 20% of all flood insurance claims come from moderate-to-low risk areas.
Here are a few Flood Facts provided by FEMA:
- Flash floods can bring walls of water from 10 to 20 feet high.
- Flooding can be caused by spring thawing (snow and frozen grounds melting in the spring), heavy rains, snow melt runoffs, flash floods, and mudflows.
- Floods are the most widespread natural disaster aside from wildfires.
- A 2,000 square foot home undergoing 12 feet of water damage could cost more than $50,000 to repair.
Here are a few supplies you need to prepare for a flood:
- Stock up on First Aid items
- Non-perishable foods
- Three gallons of water per person for 3 days
- Battery operated radio for weather reports
- Extra batteries
- Personal hygiene necessities
About SERVPRO of East Baton Rouge
SERVPRO of East Baton Rouge specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.